Saturday 1st February - Music to brighten a winter's evening 7pm picture room blaise museum, tickets £7, please contact if you wish to attend.
Photo of the month
january's Photo of the month competition is here the theme is winter @ blaise, head over to our facebook page to enter.
The wining photo will be placed on our website and on facebook/twitter pages.
Stratford Mill dates from around 1700 and was one of two water mills originally homed in the village of Moreton, Somerset,
In 1816 the mill was used for the production of paper, but this ceased by 1830 due to the mill not being able to compete with other manufacturers including Wookey Hole. it then became a flour mill and flour production continued for many years.
The village was lost in the early 1950's when it was submerged in order to create Chew Valley Lake, Stratford Mill was dismantled and moved to the grounds of Blaise Castle Estate in 1956, where it was rebuilt on Hazel Brook.